Wednesday, August 19, 2015

Travel

ry=480 (720×480)
Picture taken in Hawaii on another adventure I've been on.

Life is either a daring adventure or nothing at all-Helen Keller

The Merriam-Webster dictionary defines travel as going on a trip or journey. You can learn and see lots of new things while traveling. During the past year or so I’ve been on lots of lovely adventures and tried new things. This summer one of the new places I went was Park City, Utah. My family and I went on a road trip there. We went with my grandparents. We’ve gone on a road trip with them pretty much every summer since I was born. I got to see lots of new things and places. One of my favorite things I did in Utah was go to the Olympic Park. The Olympic Park is where some of the events at the 2002 Olympics were held. My dad, my sister, and I went on a zipline there. At first it was really scary, but I’m glad I did it because it was a lot of fun! Another place I went this summer was Ely, MN. We saw some wolves and bears there, though they weren’t in the wild (they were in the wolf and bear centers). They were cool animals to see. I got to try kayaking as well, which was super fun! We stayed in a fancy lodge with a lot of my family. Though not everyone has the time to travel a crazy amount away from home, you can still go on adventures. You can just look online for somewhere new in your own state or even your city. It could be a hiking trail, restaurant, or museum etc. You don’t need to travel halfway around the world to see something new. Adventure could be waiting in your own backyard!

No comments:

Post a Comment